Last Updated 31st May, 2018.
What personal information we collect?
- UST Global receives Personal Data, including Sensitive Personal Data from and about you during the course of hiring and employing or engaging you.
UST Global may hold and process the following types of Personal Data about you:
- Personal details: Name, address and contact information, date of birth, birth place, gender,
- Family composition:
- Career history: curriculum vitaes (CVs), recruitment details and application forms, Education and vocational training, language, and other job-related skills;
- Financial details,
- Information regarding use of company resources.
The above list of Personal Data is non-exhaustive but illustrates examples of Personal Data that you may share with UST Global, or UST Global may acquire from you, in the course of your employment or engagement.
We also collect the following data about you, such as
- When you visit our website,
- During events and trade shows,
- Thought leadership and Webinar invites,
- Product/Service announcement/promotion.
The sort of personal data we collect includes:
- Email address,
- IP address,
- Date or time you accessed or left the site,
- Pages you viewed.
- Work and home contact information,
- Application form and references,
- Correspondence with or about you.
How do we use your Personal Data and what is the legal basis for this use?
The processing of your Personal Data enables UST Global to perform its role as an employer and/or for the purposes of engaging you, including fulfilling its legal obligations under applicable laws and as necessary in connection with UST Global’s performance of its contractual and employment obligations to you. Without this information, it would not be possible for UST Global to perform its contract and/or legal obligations with you. Certain Personal Data is processed by UST Global for its legitimate business interests, including, but not limited to:
- Maintain the ethics hotline (reports may be submitted anonymously);
- Monitoring and auditing company functions;
- Annual employee certification;
- Office Automation and collaboration;
- Making information available on the intranet and to facilitate communication between and among employees within the UST Global Companies;
- Internal Help Desk;
- Financial management;
- Responding to an incident;
- To comply with applicable laws and legal obligations, including without limitation:
- To respond to governmental inquiries or requests from public authorities;
- To comply with valid legal process or discovery obligations;
Additionally, UST Global will process Personal Data according to our mutual employment contract for purposes of:
- Recruiting and employee on-boarding;
We may also use personal information which is obtained from other means like when you visit our website, during events and trade shows, conferences, thought leadership and Webinar invites, Product/Service announcement/promotion.
- To establish and maintain contact with you;
- To send you updates and or other informational mailings;
- To comply with any legal or regulatory requirements; and/or
- To comply with any requirements under our agreements with our clients.
With whom and where we share your personal data?
UST Global may disclose and/or transfer your Personal Data to third parties for the purposes set out above. The parties to whom UST Global may disclose or otherwise transfer your Personal Data include:
- UST Global’s affiliates and subsidiaries for purposes consistent with their legitimate business practices; and/or
- Third parties, including customers, auditors, accountants, attorneys, and other professional advisers and third-party companies to allow UST Global to comply with contractual, statutory and other obligations, and for the proper management of its business.
In the course of operating its business, UST Global may need to transfer Personal Data collected in the European Economic Area (“EEA”) to countries outside the EEA which may not have laws offering the same level of protection for personal data as those inside the EEA. UST Global has taken steps to ensure adequate safeguards are adopted to safeguard such Personal Data. UST Global maintains appropriate and reasonable technical and organizational measures to protect your Personal Data against unauthorized or unlawful destruction use and against its accidental, loss, damage or destruction.
How long will you keep my personal data?
UST Global will store and maintain your Personal Data for as long as necessary
- For the purposes for which it was collected,
- To meet its current and future legal obligations, including in compliance with UST Global’s records retention policy, and
- As permitted to meet its legitimate interests.
Personal information of individuals, other than employees, would be retained for 10 years upon provision of a consensus.
Please note that you may have the right to request the correction or deletion of your Personal Data as explained below.
Your rights in relation to your Personal Data
Subject to applicable exemptions, you have the right to:
- Be informed about the Personal Data that is held about you by UST Global;
- Request access to or a copy of your Personal Data that is maintained by UST Global and be provided information in relation to that data (including the purposes for which the data is processed and how long it will be stored for);
- Request that your Personal Data be corrected or deleted;
- Receive a copy of your Personal Data in a machine-readable format or to have your Personal Data sent to another entity;
- Restrict the processing of your Personal Data;
- Object to the processing of your Personal Data;
- Not to be subject to a decision which is based on automated processing or profiling that could result in a significant effect on you, such as discriminatory effects; and
- File a complaint with the relevant supervisory authority for violations of data protection laws.
You may make these requests by contacting UST Global at email@example.com
How to contact us.
If you have questions or complaints regarding this Personnel Privacy Statement or how UST Global processes your Personal Data. UST Global will strive to respond to your questions or complaints.
Contact Person: Mr. Sreenivas Ravindran.
Contact Address: Data Protection Officer, UST Global Inc.
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
UST Global, Inc.,
5 Polaris Way
Aliso Viejo, CA - 92656